Fight the fish!
RST Fishing Innovations
Congratulations!! Your new ez ducertm will make ice fishing much more enjoyable. Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with your ezducertm features and specs.
RST FISHING INNOVATIONS, LLC
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY
This RST FISHING INNOVATIONS, LLC (the “Company”) product is warranted to be free of defects in workmanship and materials for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase from the Company or a Company authorized distributor. This warranty applies only to customers who properly complete and return the registration card, within twenty-one (21) days of purchase, to the address below. This warranty applies to the original purchaser only, and is non-transferable.
This warranty does not apply where:
• Repairs have been made or attempted by others;
• Repairs are required because of normal wear and tear;
• The product has been in any manner abused, misused, damaged or not installed, operated and/or maintained in accordance with the Company’s operations or maintenance manual provided to the purchaser; or
• Alterations have been made to the product or the product has been used with non-Company approved parts.
Should any trouble develop with this product during the warranty period, return the product with a brief description of the problem, freight pre-paid, together with proof of purchase, to the Company at the address listed below. If the trouble is caused by defective workmanship or material, the Company will repair (or, at our option, replace) the product without further charge.
RST Fishing Innovations, LLC 2825 Russet Street Racine, Wisconsin 53405
The Company’s sole liability shall be to repair or replace any product returned to it which contains defective materials or workmanship. The Company shall not be liable for damages of any kind from any cause whatsoever beyond the price of the defective product.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FROM THE SALE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES BOTH DURING AND AFTER THE TERM OF WARRANTY. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY THE COMPANY, ITS DEALERS, DISTRIBUTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION,
OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO THIS COMPANY PRODUCT AND, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF. IF IMPLIED WARRANTIES CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THEN SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This warranty is governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Product is not intended to be used by children. Use careful supervision when children are around.
WARNING: Body parts and loose articles of clothing may become tangled in the EZDUCER™ motor system. To reduce the risk of injury, keep all body parts, hair, and loose articles of clothing away from the EZDUCER™ motor system while the product is in use.
*WARNING: To avoid the risk of injury, use only the manufacturer recommended battery when using devices providing power to this product.
*WARNING: Never use the EZDUCER™ motor system for anything other than its designated use. Improper use increases the risk of injury.
* WARNING: Do not immerse the EZDUCER™ motor system in any liquid, as the product may become damaged.
* WARNING: Disassembly and repair of this product should only be performed by qualified and authorized service personnel using only identical replacement parts. Any attempt to repair the original equipment or accessories by unauthorized individuals will void the warranty.
* WARNING: Maintain product labels and nameplates. Any modification of the serial number will void the warranty.
*WARNING: The warnings and precautions listed above cannot cover all possible situations and conditions. The operator should use caution and common sense when using the EZDUCER™ motor system.
1. Always keep transducer cord away from augers and sharp objects.
2. Always keep away from heaters or any other heat generating equipment.
3. Avoid submerging unit it water
4. DO NOT attempt to disassemble any part on the ez ducertm. Doing so will void warranty.
Parts Supplied (transducer not included)
1. (2) Remote Transmitter 2. (2) #10 -24 nuts, bolts, washers
3. Plastic snap bands stop and rubber ring 4. (3 in) Velcro for rods and remotes 5. Spacer for plastic connectors 6. Fuse holder and 5 amp fuse 7. Electrical crimp on connectors 8. wire nut 9. (3) #6 screws for spool cover
#Finest Materials……Made from high grade ABS plastic and corrosion resistant metals
#Teflon Guide....Teflon paddle for reduced friction on transducer cord and less water cohesion for reduced icing.
#Powerful 12-Volt DC Brush-less 90 Degree Gear Motor….Quite, Long lasting, Explosion Proof motor for many years of reliable service
#Waterproof box for electronic controls ….Water resistant remote transmitter….Waterproof connectors #Single Button Remote Control…….Simple one button key fob transmitter for up and down control #Super Low Battery Consumption…Uses your own sonar units battery and can last for many hours on a single charge. #The unit automatically shuts off 5 seconds after last remote command
Installation (fits all Vexilar sonar units, transducer not included)
Tools needed for installation of your new
1. Level 2. Philips screwdriver 3. 3/8” wrench 4. 7/32” Drill bit and drill 5. Crimping Tool for electrical quick connects
Step #1 Mounting the ezducertm to your case
1. Drill 7/32” diameter hole into your UC-100 case.
(ez ducertm is designed to mount to these tall style cases.) (Adapter bracket is available for shorter style cases.)
2. Before drilling 2nd hole, put nut, bolt and washer in to the top hole on the ez ducertm hinge and the hole you just drilled and tighten. (not too tight yet} Now put a level on the unit and drill 2nd hole. Place in 2nd #10 nut. bolt and washer. Tighten firmly. This is very important it needs to be perfectly level. Once you have it level, tighten both bolts firmly.
* VERY IMPORTANT, Being level is important to its operation. Or even tipped back, never tipped forward.
Step #2 Connecting to the battery
Take your UC-100 case (If you do not have a UC-100or similar style case, you will need an on/off switch.)
Open UC-100 case (or any other case you have), so you can get to the electrical connections
Attaching the connectors (newer units are Red+ and Black- wires) The 3 wires Twisted together (red, black, white) are the (+) positive wire.
1. The Green Wire is the negative wire.
2. Fuse holder (red wire with black rubber fuse holder, 5-amp mini fuse included) Optional
3. Blue Wire nut
4. (2) Fork spade connectors
A. Open the bottom of your case and remove the battery.
B. Run the cable through the top hole in your UC/PC-100 case. (above the battery were the sonar power wires enter the case.
C. Strip the fuse holder on both ends about ¼ of an inch.
D. Take the positive wires (red, black, white) and one end of the fuse holder wire. Twist all four wires together and twist the blue wire nut on tightly.
E. Take the (2) Fork spade connectors and crimp one on the green wire. And one on the striped end of the attached fuse holder
F. Attach the (red) positive wire with fork spade connector to the red post inside your case.
Attach the (green) negative wire with fork spade connector to the black post inside your case (Connect to the posts used for recharging your battery. It is IMPORTANT to connect to these posts so you can use the main on/off switch to turn everything off when not in use.)
G. Take your ezducer remote. (test reel without transducer attached). Push the button to check if the reel will spin. Push the button again to make sure it will turn in reverse. You can continue to let it run and it will shut off in 5 seconds.
H. When you have finished testing successfully close the case back up. You are ready to put the transducer on.
Do not connect directly to the battery, if you do you will not be able to use on/off switch on your case. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ON/OFF SWITCH YOU WILL NEED TO GET ONE. Unit will spin every time it receives a remote signal. When not in use or transporting, the power needs to be turned off. Close the case back up.
Step #3 Attach Transducer
1. Remove 3-inch round cover on the spool by removing the 3 screws. Pull the female aviation connector out of the spool.2. You will need remove your transducer from the back of the sonar unit.
2. Then connect the transducer cord’s male aviation connector to the female aviation connector inside of the spool, put the connections back in the spool.
*The connections need to be pushed as deep as you can into the spool. Push them off center away from center 8mm nut (see photo) and close cover and replace the 3 screws. 3. Turn the power on with the on/off switch on the case, take the remote, hit the button. (After pushing the remote button, the unit automatically turns off after 5 seconds, this as safety and power savings feature.). The spool will rotate. Rotation needs to be counter clock wise to wrap up the transducer cord on to the spool.
4. Take transducer cord and wind the cord on the spool evenly about half way. 5. Take the transducer cord and slip it in to the guide slot on the purple paddle switch.
6. Attach the rubber stop to the cord (by using the split rubber tube and wrapping it around the cord and placing stopper ring band over it). Place it between the spool and the purple paddle and then adjust the stop length for the depth of the ice. Push the remote button. (Every time the remote button is pushed the motor direction changes, between clockwise and counter clockwise.) After pushing the remote button again, the transducer should retract up to the purple paddle switch. Push it again and it should lower it to the stop. The unit operates up and down between the stop and the transducer, each hitting the paddle switch and stopping travel.
7. (*TIP*) Take the time to wind the transducer cord neatly and tightly on to spool. The neater and tighter you wrap it on the spool the better the spool unwinds and rewinds automatically.
ez ducertm Patent Pending technology is the only transducer cord management system on the ice today!!!
ez ducertm is a 12-volt dc motor/reel driven system that removes the transducer from water with just a push of a single button remote. It will allow you to fight the fish without the worry of your line wrapping around the cord. After you land your fish, another push of the button and the transducer goes back down the hole to a movable stop on the cord. The stop is adjustable so you can set the transducer to hang just below the ice. You’re back to fishing again in an instant, so you can get your lure back down to the fish before they swim away.
Fish faster, land more fish and be more productive on the ice than ever before! Second the ability to automatically wind up and stow your transducer is not only convenient, it will increase your mobility.
ez ducertm uses the on-board 12-volt battery you already have with your sonar unit. Turns off automatically after 5 seconds. It only consumes a very small amount energy. which allows for many hours of use per charge. ez ducertm folds behind your sonar unit so the unit will still stow away in your 5-gallon bucket.
Operation and Use
Congratulations you have completed the installation of your new ez ducertm.
*Set your sonar unit on an elevated and level surface. (i.e. a table top high enough to let out the transducer from the ez ducertm and set the stop so the transducer will not be able to hit the floor.) *Hang the transducer over the edge, making sure nothing is under the transducer and turn your sonar cases power switch on. Get the one button remote transmitter. Push the button, the spool should rotate either up or down. When the transducer travels down, the stop you set on the cord will contact the purple paddle switch. That will stop its downward travel. *Do not touch the switch until 5 seconds after last the remote command. You will cause the spool to spin if you do. The unit automatically turns off power to the spool after 5 seconds. you can hear the relays click when it shuts off. After that it is safe to touch the switch without the spool rotating. You will need to know this when adjusting the stop for the ice’s thickness. *To set the stop to the desired depth. Slide the soft black latex tubing with the slit in it, around your transducer. Slide the flat ring band over the black tubing to hold the stop in place on the cord. That’s it you’re ready to go.
*Practice traveling the transducer up and down, get familiar with the ezducer’s and its remote transmitter.
*Now that you’re comfortable with the ezducer’s operation it’s time to get it on the ice. *The Velcro is provided so you can apply one side of it to the back of the remote transmitter, and the other side to the handle of your rods. If you place it towards the front of the handle on the top side, you should be able to hold the rod the way you normally hold it while fishing. The transmitter should be placed so your index finger should be able to reach it when you are jigging. So, once you hook a fish, you push the button with your finger and all you worry about is landing your fish. *It is recommended to be used inside your ice house or portable shanty to reduce any icing. The unit works outside to about 10 degrees with minimal icing and is easy to break off by hand.
*When you’re done fishing, we recommend you store your entire sonar unit in a dry place.
RST Fishing Innovations, LLC
Racine, Wisconsin 53405 firstname.lastname@example.org